Getting to Know Your Dentures
Donâ€™t miss out on life because youâ€™ve lost your natural teeth. Tooth loss doesnâ€™t just affect your smile; it also changes your facial contour and causes gradual deterioration of your jawbone. Custom dentures are removable or permanent dental devices made to restore teeth that fell victim to dental decay or gum disease. Dentures enable you to smile with confidence, speak normally, and enjoy all your favorite foods again. No matter how you lost your teeth, dentures give you a second chance to smile with pride.â€¨â€¨
Denture Types for Every Need
Various types of affordable quality dentures can be created depending on your individual needs. With all the options available, itâ€™s easy for your dentist to find the best dentures to fit your lifestyle and your budget.
- Conventional full removable dentures replace all of your teeth. They are created and placed after any remaining teeth are extracted.
- Immediate dentures are removable appliances that are placed on the same day your remaining teeth are extracted. The primary benefit of immediate dentures is that you donâ€™t have to be without teeth during the healing period.
- Overdentures are created if a small number of your teeth are salvageable and can be used to support the denture and preserve your jawbone. Dental implants placed into the jawbone may also be used to anchor permanent dentures into place.
Denture Care Tips
- Remove and brush your dentures daily with a soft-bristled toothbrush. Be sure to also clean your mouth, gums, inside your cheeks, and tongue.
- Before brushing, rinse your dentures to remove debris.
- Store your dentures in water when you arenâ€™t wearing them to prevent warping.
- Use denture adhesives with the ADA Seal of Acceptance only, and follow all instructions carefully.
It may take a few weeks to become accustomed to wearing new dentures. They may feel loose, and you may experience mouth irritation or tenderness. If discomfort persists, or you have questions about your dentures, see your dentist.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Frederick, call Dental One Associates of Frederick today at (301) 862-6783 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Frederick. With 12 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Frederick, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Frederick.