A Simple Strategy for Finding Your Next Dentist
A search for local dentists in Frederick can be a challenge if you donâ€™t have friends or family to offer recommendations, but there are many ways to make it easier. First, determine your needs. If you are seeking a family or general dentist, look for a practitioner designated as either a DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) or a DDS (Doctor of Dental Medicine). Both are qualified to perform comprehensive exams and standard dental treatments and procedures. You can find business listings for general dentists and specialists like orthodontists or endodontists in local telephone directories or online, or you can ask your general dentist for a referral. Finding a dentist in Frederick should also involve a little research. Plan to interview prospective affordable dentists in person or by telephone, using the following tips as a guide:
- Ask about the dentistâ€™s length of experience, education, and credentials, and if he or she participates in continuing education.
- Before committing to a particular dentist, explore the treatment options and procedures for your dental problem and compare the treatments offered by other dentists.
- Find out how the dentist handles after-hours and weekend emergencies, and how they refer patients when the work required exceeds their capabilities.
- Ask what options are offered to improve patient comfort. Examples include conscious sedation, nitrous oxide, pre-medication, music and heating pads.
- Ask the dentist if advanced treatments and technologies such as laser dentistry or chairside dental crowns are available through the practice.
- Ask to see before and-after-photos of previous patients if you are considering cosmetic procedures.
- Find out the costs of any treatments and procedures you will need; remember, anesthesia and facility fees may be billed separately.
- Determine if payment options are available for out-of-pocket and out-of-network expenses.
- Visit with the dentistâ€™s staff. Choosing a dentist with a friendly, knowledgeable staff will improve your quality of care.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Frederick, call Dental One Associates of Frederick today at (301) 862-6783 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Frederick. With 12 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Frederick, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Frederick.