Why Dentists Approve of Dental Sealants
We all know the dangers of tooth decay, but may not how to protect our teeth. Luckily, dental sealants may provide all the protection you need. To see why dental sealants have become the darling of dentists everywhere, check out the following facts:
- The Deal on Dental Sealants â€“ A dental sealant is a thin plastic film applied to the teethâ€™s chewing surfaces to prevent food and bacteria from harming teeth and causing cavities.
- The Strength of Sealants â€“ Research has shown that dental sealants are 100% effective in protecting teeth from cavities. But once the sealant starts to wear after several years, protection can be reduced or lost. Thatâ€™s why it’s important to have sealants checked during regular dental visits. Luckily, you can seal teeth many times to replenish full protection.
- The Time for Treatment â€“ Children and teens with newly erupted teeth benefit the most from dental sealants because their new permanent teeth are protected from the beginning. But other people can benefit from deciding to seal teeth, especially those with teeth susceptible to tooth decay.
- The Application Process â€“ A dental sealant is fast and easy to apply. The dentist will clean the tooth and use an acid solution to help the sealant stick before simply brushing the sealant on the tooth. It will harden in a matter of moments, making it possible to treat numerous teeth in less than an hour. Since the sealant is simply brushed onto the tooth, the process is pain-free.
- Care is Often Covered by Insurance â€“ When dental insurance companies saw that sealants provided proven protection, an increasing number started to cover the procedure. They realized that the treatment could reduce future problems and save the cost of later care.
To get the dental care you deserve from an affordable dentist in Frederick, call Dental One Associates of Frederick today at (301) 862-6783 or make an appointment.
Dental One Associates offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Frederick. With 12 affiliated practices throughout Maryland, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental One Associates of Frederick, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental One Associates of Frederick.